Asterix

*Be Sure to Click on the Link to See the VIDEO!

Friday, August 10, 2012

Tattooed on my Mind

Amongst many things, I am rather particular, much to the initial amusesment of people, which usually dissipates to tolerance, then followed by annoyance of my particularities. As such, I don't have many friends, and, well, I probably wouldn't be so keen on myself either. But, I am stuck with myself.

One of my things that I am rather particular about is covers. There is nothing like a good cover, but a bad one, well, I have no mercy. Furthermore, not just a cover, but an acoustic rendition of a song can be beyone painful. Coming from one who has no musical ability whatsoever, but pure appreciation for everyone who does, I do give credit where credit is due.

Hands down, without a shadow of a doubt, the BEST cover I have EVER heard was on piazza San Stefano, in Bologna, by a guitar-slinging guy who belted out "Black" by Pearl Jam.

I have seldom been in awe of acoustic singing, outside of Sinead O'Connor, and a very small number of others, but this kid nailed it.

Why am I thinking of "Black"? Well, been discussing tattoos of late and it did cross my mind, as well as a discussion about covers and the further merits of Eddie Vedder versus Cobain, etc. Well, ol' Eddie V. is tops for me amongst the Grunge crowd, so I guess the combination of the memory and the tribute came together, hand over hand.




No comments:

Post a Comment