Asterix

*Be Sure to Click on the Link to See the VIDEO!

Friday, October 28, 2011

Breakfast with Taj Mahal

Woke up this morning in Agra, Uttar Pradesh, having visited the Taj Mahal yesterday. I could see the Taj from the balcony of the hotel's breakfast veranda. And, yes, that is smog, not my camera. The amount of added pollution from the fireworks for Diwali is staggering.




I will save my comments for a full posting on the Taj Mahal for tomorrow with many more pictures, but I was reminded of the other Taj Mahal, namely the amazing guitarist, who along with John Lee Hooker and Miles Davis scored the soundtrack for Dennis Hopper's film noiresque "The Hot Spot".

I already miss the South of India for many reasons. There is an attitude down there and a feeling of life that is not found here in the North, or at least, I have yet to feel it.

Like the movie, it is a different pace (frenetic as well, but differently), a different style, something different. Can't put a finger on it yet, but the wheels are turning...

In the meantime, my favorite piece from the soundtrack...


No comments:

Post a Comment