Asterix

*Be Sure to Click on the Link to See the VIDEO!

Monday, October 31, 2011

Miles From Nowhere


I know that my life would be none the poorer had I not seen the Taj Mahal, but had I never experienced the music of Cat Stevens, I do believe that I would be deficit in my Soul.

I love all music, I believe that much is clear from this blog. There are very few types that I do not like. Being in India I have been exposed to a whole new world of music, whether it be the videos of Bollywood or the music of the horns on the busy streets.

Music is so crucial to my life, that I cannot imagine a world without it. It would not be life for me.

Wherever I go, Cat is always there in the background, bouncing off the walls of my head. Sitting here in my hotel room in Varanasi, preparing to pack and to take the cab to the airport, Cat is on my mind.

I am miles from nowhere. I am literally half the way around the world from where I was born, where I was surrounded by another group of “Indians” at the Indian Hospital in New Mexico, where there too, I was the only white baby, not too easy to swap kids that day.

I am miles away from my daughter, whom I will see in 48 hours or so, a thought that I have kept at bay as to not be overwhelmed in the meantime. I am miles away from friends and family.

And, yet, I am not. I have also re-connected with some of the most important people in my life while here, via these blogs and email, and have made new friends, and solidified existing friendships. So, although I am indeed “miles from nowhere,” I have never been closer to many in my life, and for that I am grateful.


No comments:

Post a Comment