Asterix

*Be Sure to Click on the Link to See the VIDEO!

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

No New Tale to Tell

Blah, Blah, Blah

Funny how mentioning Krishnamurti seems to raise people's ire and suspicion. And, somehow, when one mentions that he or she likes Krishnamurti, suddenly that person does not believe in beliefs, scriptures, or even Truth. I was questioned by more than one school administrator for using him in classrooms, though never asked why, or how.

Wow. Could not be further from the Truth.

As for me, and I can only speak for myself, as it does not matter what others have said before me, or for that matter after me, I alone can be responsible for saying what I do or do not "believe" in.

I love words. They are my life. I cherish and value them like good friends. I am grateful for the writers, prophets, both false and true, who came before me to provide me with good material to read and to contemplate.

But, in the end, when the day is done, what have we said, what have we gained, what have we dared to loose if it is merely  words, words, words?

I believe in many things. I believe the world is as it should be, for it is the best of all possible worlds. I believe in love, laughter, pain, sorrow, loss, anger, fear, and every other human emotion. But, why write? Why blog? Why do we do it?

Do we have a new tale to tell?

No New Tale to Tell

OR

Is it All in My Mind? 

3 comments:

  1. But I thought you liked being a gadfly. Socrates, Nietzsche, Krishnamurti--all gadflies. And people swat at flies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Socrates said that was the problem, we rather swat the gadfly rather than to wonder why we were bitten. Athens sentenced him to death rather than to be challenged. Nietzsche was asked to resign because of his "headaches," though really because his writings were not "academic" enough, and Krishnamurti continues to be seen as negative, when if fact he was extremely positive. I don't mind being swat at, that's not the point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most people when swat at reconsider whether they might need to rephrase or rethink what they have been saying. Gadflies are distinguished by their ability to blame the swatter. Just because you are swat at, doesn't make you right or justify your biting other people. It doesn't make you wrong necessarily either, it just means that there has been a failure of communication.

    ReplyDelete