Asterix

*Be Sure to Click on the Link to See the VIDEO!

Sunday, September 4, 2011

On the Road Again

Saw a young man who looked like the young Cat Stevens today, and it reminded me once again about how much his music, both as Cat and as Yusuf has been an integral part of my life.

The "Roadsinger" album came out during a very difficult year for me and I would often watch this video over and over, just trying to get some grounding on my life. It was quite effective and I was working at a place where others where having a difficult time because of the external circumstances at play. I sent this out to the school that I was working at and which was experiencing major staff cuts and quite a bit of bad blood.

Roadsinger

I had many, many people tell me how much this song helped them at such a difficult juncture in life, regardless of what each person's own issue at hand was.

Though rather melancholic, it is important to see the second video that goes along with the "Roadsinger." You can see the "alter ego" of Yusuf going to Cat whenever he is wearing sunglasses.

And, the second part to this road trip...





No comments:

Post a Comment