Asterix

*Be Sure to Click on the Link to See the VIDEO!

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Beauty in the Hurricane's Eye

Ultimately, I look for Beauty.

I like beautiful things, even when they are not beautiful. An absence of beauty has often been the key to finding the beautiful in my life.

Love and Rockets is a perennial favorite for me. An offshoot of Bauhaus when Peter Murphy, who moved to Turkey and pursued another dimension of his own music, leaving David J, Daniel Ash, and Kevin Haskins to create the legacy of the Bubble People. Both Love and Rockets and Peter Murphy have served as personal challenges to me as well, raising pertinent questions in my life, sometimes poetically in song, and sometimes with cacophony and chaos, much like Bauhaus's "Bela Lugosi's Dead." The Yin and Yang of sound.

Finding Beauty in the Hurricane's eye has helped me to weather the ensuing storm, when I have been most vulnerable.

May you find your own Beauty in the Eye.



Yin and Yang and the Flowerpot Man

No comments:

Post a Comment