Asterix

*Be Sure to Click on the Link to See the VIDEO!

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Cell Phone's Dead

When thinking about details today, I could not help but think of Michel Gondry and his music videos, most notably for me, at least, Beck's Cell Phone's Dead.

Not only because I am somewhat of a cell-phone ludite, inter alia, but also because I think that many times the director of the millions of videos out there is overlooked. In a day when any one of us can whip up a video with an iPad, the art of directing seems to be faded to black in a sense.

Gondry's work never ceases to intrigue me and I sometimes actually almost forget that there is a song in the background.

Here's a phone movie detail to notice. In an age of cell phone's isn't it funny that everyone still has an old-fashioned answering machine in the movies so that we can still hear the "beep" and the message? Check it out next time you see a movie.

Enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment