Asterix

*Be Sure to Click on the Link to See the VIDEO!

Monday, July 25, 2011

Ek Ladki Ko Dekha, A Love Song

One of the greatest things that a culture can produce, at least I believe so, is its own music. The music of a culture can reveal its collective soul at some level. Though this paints a rather broad stroke of a generalization, I maintain that the music is integral to a people.

I have long loved the Classical music of India, highlighted by the Sitar and Tabla, however, I am a huge fan of Dj i Cheb and am now beginning to move into the realm of Bollywood!

So, hurray for Bollywood today!

I bought a collection of Indian songs for our short road trip from Amarillo to Santa Fe yesterday, and this is by far my favorite from the anthology. My daughter asked me to play this at least ten times, so I think it is safe to say that she is pretty keen on it too. I promised her to learn the Hindi lyrics as well, so I better make good on that one.

I love the contrast of this with most contemporary love songs, very sweet.

Enjoy.




Ek Ladki Ko Dekha, A Love Song

No comments:

Post a Comment